choose an Askeladden Boat
Increased stiffness for a more robust boat
The inbuilt stiffeners (stringers) in the hull have been designed to withstand the extreme force of choppy Norwegian fjord waters.
- The inbuilt stiffeners (stringers) in the hull have been designed to withstand the extreme force of choppy Norwegian fjord waters
- This together with the thicker hull laminate provides a much more secure boat and a wonderful feeling of safety on-board.
- Components are fastened and glued to prevent loosening during use. Any components which have to be fastened with screws are cast in wood or metal to provide maximum attachment for the screws.
- Increased strength also provides a longer lifetime and higher second-hand value.
More height and beam in relation to length
In general, Askeladden boats have a higher internal volume than competing boat makes.
- This translates into more space and more boat for your money.
- The higher the boat, the higher also the freeboard and this increases safety for all on-board.
- As the internal deck is also higher in relation to the water level, self-bailing is much easier and faster.
- NB! Guaranteed to stay afloat - for all utility boats Askeladden boats with lengths up to 6 metres are filled with polyurethane foam. This allows them to remain afloat, even with engine, total number of persons on-board and when the boat is filled with water. The polyurethane foam also helps stiffen the hull, insulates against noise and is oil and fuel resistant.
Quality throughout makes boating much safer!
For Askeladden, safety at sea is a top priority.
- For Askeladden, safety at sea is a top priority.
- All components and equipment have a high level of quality.
- In addition, all fitting and assembly follows closely specified quality standards.
- Examples of important components are the through-fittings in the hull. Only the very best fittings are components are used here and these are both screwed and glued fast using high-tech glue. Hoses are attached using double hose clamps.
- This is all proof of Askeladden's comprehensive safety procedures which are based on more than 100 years of experience.
Approved in accordance with the requirements of the Norwegian Maritime Directorate
Leisure boats have to bear the CE label according to their category of seaworthiness
- Leisure boats have to bear the CE label according to their category of seaworthiness.
- Askeladden more than complies with the CE-label standards for each boat.
- Important elements in the boats, such as hull design, stability, safety in relation to filling with water and buoyancy, are all subject to internal standards which exceed the minimum requirements in the ISO standards for the CE regulation. As a result, Askeladden boats are stronger, more stable and safer.
- Askeladden provides this level of quality for your safety and to help you feel safe that your boat can withstand the conditions for which it is classified.
- Quality guaranteed: 5-year hull warranty
Designed for rain, wind and sea spray
Boating is not always a case of sunshine and calm seas. You may at times be met by waves, rain and strong winds.
- Boating is not always a case of sunshine and calm seas. You may at times be met by waves, rain and strong winds.
- All Askeladden boats have high bailing capacity for excess water.
- Askeladden also provides strong canopies with ingenious solutions which also allow for simple use in bad weather.
- The front windscreens on the boats in the Askeladden P-series project forwards at an angle to minimise sun reflection and improve visibility in the dark, while the powerful windscreen wipers keep the windscreen clear of water. All boats can be fitted with defrosters and windscreen flushers to guarantee optimal visibility in all weathers.
- Hatches and doors are fitted with seals and locks to prevent water leaks.
- These are high quality details which keep you safe on-board, even in the toughest conditions.
Reliable mooring and safe boarding/climbing ashore
Equipped with powerful mooring cleats for spring mooring lines
- The P-Series boats also have separate side cleats for spring lines.
- Steps from the deck make it easier to climb onto the walkaround.
- Solid handrails to hold on to.
- You can safely walk around the boat even when in movement.
- The bow pulpit is open at the front so you don't have to climb over.
- Boats with windscreens have an door which opens at the front of the screen, allowing for simple boarding/climbing ashore from the bow.